Our service to the client is characterised by pro-active management, cost, quality and time control, programming, documentation, as well as legal and tax aspects. Our services are broken into standard or core quantity surveying and specialized services.
Standard Quantity Surveying
From the inception to the final completion of the project, any developer wants to keep pulse on costs. These costs must always be within the budget. Whatever project, be it commercial, industrial, public sector or social, we provide a complete professional guide and control of costs of the project. Standard services are:
- Initial budget as feasibility prior to detailed design
- Preliminary cost studies, comparing alternative design in terms of capital, operating, maintenance and depreciation (Life Cycle Costing)
- Contract Management Services – On behalf of the client we do contract documentation, design reviews, tender evaluation and specialist services like Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Risk Management – We understand the amount of risk involved in any building construction project. A careful selection of procurement system for a project can contribute to minimization of the risk. We assist the client in choosing the best procurement system suitable for a particular project
- Value Engineering – Building construction is one of the most expensive investments that a client undertakes. A careful selection of building materials can save large sums of money. This improves design efficiencies and eliminates unnecessary costs. We assist the clients in searching for design alternatives.
Specialised QS Services
- Feasibility Studies: Prepare pre-design feasibility studies and appraisal of a project to assist the client to make an informed decision
- Cost Planning – Cost analysis and monitoring services to meet client’s requirements
- Different Bills of Quantities – e.g. annotated, Elemental, et al
- List of Materials and Labour Costs – This can assist owner builder and communities who want to create job opportunities
- Acting as Primary or Principal Agent – Taking charge of the whole project team. Receives client brief, advising client on legal, functional, technical and financial aspects, programming the contract, supervision of the work, issuing certificates, etc
- Valuation of Buildings – Valuation of properties for tax, fire insurance, return on investment, etc
We can take total responsibility of the project from design to management.
- Determine the client’s requirements and convert these into a fully functional facility.
- Ensure compliance to quality, programme and costs parameters defined in the project viability.
- Provide active management service dedicated to the achievement of client’s objectives